We collect information from you when you use our website in a variety of ways, including but not limited to the following:
- Visiting pages on our website;
- Making an online donation;
- Completing surveys;
- Registering for a program or an event; and
- Registering to participate in an advocacy or public awareness campaign.
We may collect personal and non-personal information that you choose to supply to VSCM such as the following:
Personal information, such as:
- Contact information including name, mailing address, e-mail address, and phone number;
- Financial information such as credit card number, expiration date, security code, bank routing number, and account number;
Non-personal information, such as:
- Internet protocol (“IP”) address and browsing variables (e.g., domain from which you access the Internet, time you spend at our website, etc.);
- Cookies that help us recognize when you re-visit our website.
What We Do With the Information We Gather
Generally, we request and use personal information to carry out the transactions that you request, such as making a donation and participating in events. We also use information, such as cookies and IP information, to understand your needs and provide you with a better online experience.
More specifically, we may use your personal information and non-personal information for the following reasons:
- Enter your information into our databases for internal record keeping, reporting, and data analysis;
- Communicate with you to obtain your input, provide information on our programs and events, or request contributions, provided you have opted in to receive such communications;
- Improve our programs and services;
- Customize the website according to your interests;
- Share information with third parties who help us manage our website and databases;
- Share information with our partners, affiliates, and other third parties who assist us with our activities and programs. These vendors and service providers help us with functions such as fulfilling orders, managing data, processing donations, and marketing;
- Share financial donor postal mailing lists with other non-profits and third parties (however, donor e-mail addresses are not included in the list exchanges);
- Share information with third parties as required by law, or a part of a legal process, including tax filing;
- Share information (e.g., your name and address) with third parties if you make a donation in honor or memory of a third party; and
- Reserve the right to use non-personal information, such as IP addresses, to identify a user when we feel it is necessary to protect the compelling interests of the website, our alumni, donors, customers, or others, or to comply with laws, court orders, or law enforcement requests.
Your Choice to Opt Out
We provide you with the opportunity to “opt out” of having your personal information used for certain purposes when we ask for this information. If you no longer wish to receive VSCM communications, you may opt out of receiving such communications by following the instructions included in the communications or by calling at 866-667-9360.
Securing Credit Card Information
We use a variety of safeguards to protect the security of your credit card transactions. We use technologies and processes such as encryption, access controls, network firewalls, physical security, and other measures. These measures make it extremely difficult for anyone to intercept the credit card information you send to us. When we work with other companies to process credit
We use “cookies” and other technologies to enhance your online experience. A “cookie” can be either permanent (i.e., it remains on your computer until you delete it) or temporary (i.e., it lasts only until you close your browser). A “cookie” is a small text file that helps us recognize repeat
Links to Other Websites
Our website may contain links to enable you to visit other websites of interest easily. However, once you have used these links to leave our website, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information that you provide while visiting such websites and this Policy does not govern such websites. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
We respond to web browser “do not track” signals or other mechanisms that provide you the ability to opt out of having your personal information or online activities collected. Unless you have selected the “do not track” function, third parties may collect personal information about your online activities over time and across different websites when you use our website.
If you have any questions about this Policy or the practices of our website, please write to VSCM, at 44444 Mound Rd., Ste. 100, Sterling Heights, MI 48314, or e-mail, firstname.lastname@example.org.
All donations to Veteran Support Center of Michigan are final and non-refundable.